Terms and Conditions of Attendance
1. Students attending Primary Matters classes should complete an official application form.
2. Application forms should be sent to the company address accompanied by a cheque for
payment of classes.
3. Payment for classes must be received prior to the first class (cheques should not be given to
4. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
5. Existing students will be given priority for registration.
6. Receipts are available on request.
School Activities and Refunds
1. When school camps prevent attendance at class parents may deduct the cost of one class
from the term total; refunds cannot be made after the event.
2. When students are obliged to attend whole class activities which prevent attendance at class
parents may deduct the cost of one class from the term total; refunds cannot be made after
3. In the event of whole class activities preventing attendance at class without prior warning,
parents may request a deduction of one class from the following term’s total; no refunds can
4. When students choose to attend school events that do not require whole class participation,
or when students are absent due to sickness or family reasons – no refunds will be made.
Cancellation and Refunds
1. In case of inclement weather and/or school closures classes will be cancelled and Primary
Matters will do everything possible to do offer a make-up class later in the term.
2. If a make-up class cannot be done in the same term as the cancelled class there will be no
make-up class offered and no refunds given (see point 3 below).
3. If a make-up class cannot be offered in the same term as the cancelled class parents may
deduct the cost of one class from the following term’s total.
4. In the event of a Primary Matters teacher being unable to attend class due to sickness/
family reasons, every effort will be made to provide a ‘make-up’ class later in the term. If
the ‘make-up’ class cannot be held in the same term as the cancelled class Primary Matters
will automatically deduct one class payment from the following term’s total.
Workshops and Pick Up Times
1. If your child is unable to attend class please send an e-mail to your class teacher’s e-mail
2. Primary Matters provides a folder and a writer’s notebook for every student: these items are
essential and should be brought to every class.
3. Students should provide their own pencils, pens and coloured felt tip pens for each class.
4. Parents or helpers should collect students as soon as classes are finished.
5. Primary Matters teachers ensure that students leave class on time and safely; Primary
Matters and its teachers cannot be held responsible for the health and safety of students
after classes are finished.
1. Insurance is provided by ING General Insurance Co. Ltd. This insurance is valid for classes
taking place is specific locations (schools) throughout Hong Kong. Parents should note that in
the event of schools being cancelled e.g. SARS, swine flu etc. Primary Matters cannot be held
responsible for class cancellations.
2. Alternative locations for Primary Matters classes are not insured. The company cannot
accept responsibility for the health and safety of students in locations other than the schools
mentioned on the insurance document.
Photographs/ Written Work
1. Completion of the registration form implies consent for use of photographs of your child for
marketing and promotional purposes.
2. Completion of the registration form implies consent for your child’s written work to be used
for marketing and promotional purposes.
3. Completion of the registration form implies consent for your child’s written work to be used
in Primary Matters teacher training sessions and Primary Matters teaching materials.
If you do not consent to your child’s photograph/written work being used in the above mentioned
ways please call 25261153 or 94654468 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to classes